Yeast is a single-cell organism loaded with nutrients essential for its survival and superfast proliferation. With the help of the remaining ingredients in this formula, such as milk and honey, this mask will act as a youth booster for your skin. Because of its higher fat content, whole milk brings more softness to your skin than skim milk, because the saturated fats in whole milk will help lock in skin moisture. Honey is a proven emollient, which draws moisture to the skin, and has established anti-aging properties. Rice and rice derivatives are gaining popularity in the cosmetics industry for all the benefits they can offer. Rice flour will help give the mask some elasticity for easier spreading and will also allow scrubbing and removal of dead skin cells and impurities. Although not essential to the formula, a few drops of vanilla will add a nice, pleasant smell. Make this mask once or twice a week for a month to plump skin and restore its glow.
- 2 ounces (60 ml) of whole organic milk
- 1 small packet of dry active yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3-5 drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
Note: Almond milk can be used instead of whole milk as a vegan alternative, but the creaminess of the preparation will not be the same.
- Start by warming milk in the microwave or in a pan, making sure not to overheat it.
- Sprinkle the content of the yeast packet over the warmed milk and mix with a fork.
- Add honey and vanilla extract and mix again. The warm milk will help dissolve the honey and will aid in yeast proliferation. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply to the face and neck.
- Add rice flour to the remaining mix, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring well, until mixture thickens.
- You can now apply another thicker coat on the face and neck and allow the mask to dry for over 15 minutes.
- Scrub with your fingers (over the sink) to remove the brittle mask. Finish by washing your face with warm water, and follow with a facial cream.
Leave a Reply