If you’ve ever encountered a recipe that calls for condensed milk, only to be foiled by an empty pantry shelf, you NEED this recipe. Whip up a batch of sweetened condensed milk in 5 minutes, and use it for baking or candy making. All you need are four ingredients and a blender, and you can make this baking staple in just a few minutes.
- 1 cup dry milk
- ? cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Place dry milk, granulated sugar, ½ cup of the boiling water, and the melted butter in a blender.
- Blend all ingredients together until they are smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender occasionally to get all dry ingredients properly mixed.
- Condensed milk typically has a thick, syrupy consistency, but if your homemade condensed milk is too thick to pour easily, add another spoonful or two of boiling water and blend to mix.
- Adjust the water until you are happy with the consistency.
- Your homemade sweetened condensed milk is ready for use, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- It will get thicker when it is refrigerated, but will loosen up when stirred and brought to room temperature.
Did you make yours? Was is that easy? Leave a comment below!
Leave a Reply