This mask relies on the wonderful effects of fruits and is recommended for skin with blemishes or sunspots to reverse sun damage, especially at the end of the summer season. Apples are rich in vitamin C, which is a documented skin-brightening agent. Citrus fruits are also supreme sources of ascorbic acid (vitamin C). When combined with cranberry seed oil, which is high in sun-protective antioxidants, these ingredients will reverse time on challenged skin. Make this mask twice a week, for two or three weeks to unify skin tone, and always follow with sunscreen.
- gauze strips
- 1 freshly grated peeled green apple
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cranberry seed oil
- 1–2 tablespoons rice flour
Note: Honey can be used instead of glycerin.
- Prepare gauze strips by laying gauze in double layers and cutting four rectangles for the forehead and neck and four circles for the cheeks.
- . Mix the above ingredients, adding as much rice flour as needed to prevent dripping. Then spread the mix like sandwich filling between double gauze layers and apply to your forehead, neck, and cheeks.
- Sit in a reclining chair and wait for 10 minutes before removing the gauze strips and rinsing your face with lukewarm water.
- If bothersome tingling occurs, rinse immediately.
- Always follow with a high-SPF (30 or more) sunscreen to avoid vitamin C– induced photosensitivity.
Leave a Reply