Almond oil is typically used to nourish skin and hair and is an important component of many beauty products. However, it can also be used for cooking at home. To make your own almond oil at home, all you need is a blender and a bit of patience. You can also splurge for an oil press if you’re really committed to making your own almond oil.
- Make sure your blender is clean and ready to go.
- Place the almonds into your blender. (the almonds should be dry and fresh).
- Blend them at low speed at first (you should start off at low speed so that the almonds are blended slowly and carefully; blending them at high speed at first will make the blending process more difficult).
- Pause the blender to clean the build-up (as you start to blend the almonds, you may find that they start to form a shape that resembles a ball; they’ll start to build up on the sides of the blender. Just stop the blender to scrape off the build up and return it to the rest of the almonds. You may need to do this several times in the blending process, so be vigilant as you blend them).
- As they get more and more blended, you can turn your blender up to medium or even high speed. This will help the process along.
- Once the almonds have been blended into a rich, creamy paste, then you can add a tablespoon of olive oil to speed up the blending process. If you find that the almonds are still not blending as smoothly as you’d like them to, then you can add another tablespoon of oil.
- Once you’ve finished blending the almonds, you can place them in a container, such as a glass jar and keep them at room temperature for about 2-3 weeks. This should be enough time for the oil from the almonds to separate from their meat.
- To get the most out of the oil, you can try tipping the container and letting the oil drip into a separate container.
- You can also use a sieve or a strainer to separate the oil from the almonds.
You can use the oil to treat your skin or hair or for aromatherapy purposes. You also don’t have to throw out that leftover nut meat, either. You can use it in cooking, or even just mix it with a bit of canola oil and salt and spread it on toast.
Have you tried to make Almond Oil before? Write your experience in the comment box below!
Leave a Reply