Ginger is an exceptional addition to any massage oil. It boosts the immune system and has amazing warming qualities. Because it’s aroma is so potent and powerful, Ginger should always be highly diluted when used on the skin. Many people use Ginger as a remedy for seasonal affective disorder. For thousands of years, Ginger has been a favorite domestic spice in the Eastern and Western Hemisphere. In China, fresh Ginger is used for rheumatism and bacterial dysentery. It has long been used as a digestive aid and to soothe the respiratory system. Mental fatigue and motion sickness don’t stand a chance with Ginger in hand. It also aids in poor circulation, colds, achy muscles and migraines.
- Fresh ginger
- Olive oil
- Oven-safe bowl
- Cheese grater
- Rinse a cup of fresh ginger, including the skin, thoroughly, and let dry for a few hours.
- Pour olive oil in an oven-safe bowl. Chop the ginger and then shred using a clean cheese grater.
- Add to the olive oil and mix well.
- Put the mixture in the oven and leave it to simmer under low heat (150 degrees Fahrenheit) for at least two hours.
- Pour the mixture through an cheese cloth to filter it and take out the bits of ginger.
- Once all the oil has been filtered, squeeze out the remaining oil from the cheese cloth.
- Transfer the ginger oil into clean bottles and store in a cool dry place.
- Your Ginger oil is ready!!!
Note: Ginger oil infusion can stay fresh for up to six months.
Leave a comment!
Leave a Reply