Apple cider vinegar has a long history as a home remedy, used to treat everything from a sore throat to varicose veins. But there’s not much science to support the claims. Still, in recent years, some researchers have been taking a closer look at apple cider vinegar and its possible benefits. It’s mostly apple juice, but adding yeast turns the fruit sugar into alcohol this process is called is fermentation. Bacteria turn the alcohol into acetic acid. That’s what gives vinegar its sour taste and strong smell.
BENEFITS OF APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar has many health benefits including preventing indigestion and leg cramps, soothing a sore throat, clearing a stuffy nose.
Apple cider vinegar is also useful for weight loss, Relieve gas, bloating and heartburn, promotes alkalinity in the body, hair care, skin care, Sunburn relief, remedy for vagina yeast infection and remedy to get rid of gum ache.
Vinegar is used in cooking, baking, salad dressings, and as a preservative. There’s a lot of acid in it, so drinking vinegar straight isn’t recommended and it can cause serious problems if you have a lot of it. If you are looking to take some for the health benefits of apple cider vinegar, most people recommend adding one to two tablespoons to water or tea.
Vinegar has been used as a remedy since the days of Hippocrates. The ancient Greek doctor treated wounds with it. In recent years, people have explored apple cider vinegar as a way to lose weight, improve heart health and treat dandruff. Many of these claims aren’t supported by modern research but some studies have found that acetic acid, which gives vinegar its distinctive taste and smell may help with a variety of conditions. Have fun making your apple cider vinegar at home with these simple steps.
- 2 red big Apples
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 empty bottle
- Water (enough to cover the apples)
- Rinse apples.
- Cut into pieces, don’t remove the peel.
- Put the apples in your clean bottle.
- Add sugar, top it with water, make sure the water covers the apples completely.
- Use a handkerchief to cover the bottle and hold the handkerchief with a rubber band round the bottle.
- Shake it everyday for 2 weeks, within 2 weeks you would see the fermentation and the water would look dull or musky, then the mother would start to settle at the bottom.
- After 2 weeks remove the apples, drain the water and wash the bottle with hot water.
- Pour back the apple cider vinegar water into the jar and leave for 4 weeks before use.
Apple cider vinegar probably won’t hurt you. Enjoy it in your diet because it’s calorie-free, adds lots of flavor to food, and has health benefits.
Leave us a comment!
Leave a Reply